Why not give your plumbing a little love this Valentine’s Day? Your water heater is the hardest working appliance in your home, it constantly provides you and your family with warm water while asking little in return. We think it is time you returned the favor and gave your water heater some affection. A little love goes a long way!
The good news is taking care of your water heater is pretty simple. All water heaters accumulate sediment and lime deposits as they age, some of which is just a by-product of the water being heated. All these deposits of sand, rust, rocks, etc. can have a large impact on the efficiency and lifespan of your water heater. We recommend performing an annual flush to clear out the sediment. Having this quick job done will allow your water heater to produce more hot water with less energy. We would love to help you with this if you do not know how to do it yourself.
Why Should You Flush Your Water Heater?
- Remove all sediment that builds up (sand, salt, tiny rocks & even rust)
- Prolong the life of your water heater (average lifespan is 13 years)
- Increase the efficiency of your heater
- Save on energy costs
- Prevent corrosion of the tank
- Allow for your tank to hold its full water capacity
- Protect the drain valve from clogging
- Provide your family with cleaner water
- Have peace of mind knowing you are performing preventative maintenance
Our friendly plumbing technicians are water heater experts and can perform any maintenance, repairs or answer any questions you may have. Happy Valentine’s Day from the Springer Plumbing crew!